Providence Health & Services Environmental Services Worker in Valdez, Alaska
Providence is calling an Environmental Services Worker (Environmental Services, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• The Environmental Services Worker cleans areas of assignment according to specific established procedures and standards. This position washes sinks, furniture, fixtures, walls, ceilings, doors, trim, windows and bathroom utilities; scrubs, vacuums and buffs floors; removes trash; dusts counters, shelves and tables; polishes stainless steel fixtures; and cleans isolation areas according to special standards and procedures as assigned. These activities are conducted in patient care, office, public access areas and entryway and the Housekeeper must often perform these cleaning duties around the activities of these areas.
• The Environmental Services Worker shampoo's carpets and refinishes resilient floors. This position may operate a wet or dry vacuum, a buffer, scrubbing machine or four wheel cart to complete these assigned duties. This position confers with department heads and staff to coordinate housekeeping services with their activities and needs.
• Performs safety and infection control procedures to ensure a safe and clean environment for patients and staff. This includes understanding and following all safety and infection control policies and procedures and using personal protective equipment appropriately.
• This position waters and nurtures plants. Assists with stocking supplies and stocking linen to ensure supplies are available as needed.
• The Environmental Services Worker helps maintain entrances to keep them free of ice and debris to ensure the safety of anyone who enters or exits the building.
• This position performs laundry duties such as collecting, sorting, washing, drying, folding, ironing and stocking the linen. This position evaluates the cleaning procedures along with product efficiency to maintain a safe and aseptic environment in compliance with infection control procedures. Inspects the physical condition of the supplies and equipment and ensures that maintenance repairs are completed in a timely manner. Will utilize the current approved process for purchasing and inventory of laundry supplies and equipment.
• Challenges: This position performs cleaning duties in high traffic areas around patients, visitors, physicians, employees and the public.
Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Grade school level ability to be able to read and understand directions both written and verbal
Physical ability to operate such cleaning equipment as a buffer, scrubber and vacuum
Ability to work independently
Physical ability to lift bags of trash, and push and pull heavy carts; lifting up to 50 pounds
Visual ability to determine effective cleaning of assigned areas
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous cleaning experience in a healthcare setting
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is a 21 bed Critical Access Hospital and we employ about 100 people (87 FTE’s). Of those 21 beds, 10 are licensed Long Term Care beds and 11 are Acute/Swing Beds. We have four physicians on our active medical staff who practice out of the Valdez Medical Clinic. Our average daily census is three-four inpatients and 20-30 outpatients. Our facility contains an emergency room, labor room, post-partum, nursery, cardiac room, orthopedic, and med/surg rooms. We also have an operating room for emergency surgeries and elective procedures, C-sections, hernias and appendectomies. All our beds are licensed for “swing bed” status of which 1-3 are usually occupied.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Environmental Services
Req ID: 242631