Providence Health & Services Maintenance Technician II - Building Maintenance in Valdez, Alaska
Providence is calling a Maintenance Technician II (Building Maintenance, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Manages and participates in the preventative maintenance and repair of hospital facilities, hospital environmental systems and hospital grounds.
• Inspects, maintains and repairs physical structures, heating, plumbing, electrical, medical equipment, security systems and maintains applicable documentation.
• Logically investigates and analyzes symptoms to accurately identify problems.
• Demonstrates competence and knowledge in the utilization of standard test equipment.
• Demonstrates basic working knowledge for minor electrical repairs, relamping, ballast replacement, lighting, switch and receptacle replacement.
• Demonstrates basic working knowledge for minor plumbing repairs on sinks, toilets, floor drains, and HVAC equipment.
• Demonstrates basic working knowledge for minor carpentry, door hardware, painting, and other miscellaneous minor building repairs or projects.
• Demonstrates basic working knowledge for minor repairs, miscellaneous equipment including beds, wheel chairs and gurneys.
• Effectively interprets manuals, schematics and operating procedures.
• TECHNICAL: Demonstrates and performs a good understanding of snow removal practice, priorities and techniques specific to Providence. Demonstrates and performs a good understanding of pruning, lawn care and watering needs specific to Providence Campus. Demonstrates basic working skill for parking striping and exterior lighting. Demonstrates good equipment operating skills for lawn maintenance equipment, miscellaneous small equipment and where appropriate, the bobcat, sanding and plow trucks. Demonstrates good working knowledge of specialty areas including basic preventative maintenance requirements for ground tools and equipment.
• Performs routine maintenance on medical gas systems, removal and hook-up of gas bottles, and inventory control of medical gas supplies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High school diploma or the equivalent
Vocational certification and/or an apprentice program in HVAC mechanic, carpentry, boiler operator, plumbing, electrician or biomedical electronics technician or Associates degree
Fire Extinguisher / Sprinkler Inspection Certification completed within 1 year
Alaska Driver's License
3 years of general maintenance experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Hospital maintenance experience
Boiler and limited electrical licensing
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is a 21 bed Critical Access Hospital and we employ about 100 people (87 FTE’s). Of those 21 beds, 10 are licensed Long Term Care beds and 11 are Acute/Swing Beds. We have four physicians on our active medical staff who practice out of the Valdez Medical Clinic. Our average daily census is three-four inpatients and 20-30 outpatients. Our facility contains an emergency room, labor room, post-partum, nursery, cardiac room, orthopedic, and med/surg rooms. We also have an operating room for emergency surgeries and elective procedures, C-sections, hernias and appendectomies. All our beds are licensed for “swing bed” status of which 1-3 are usually occupied.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 240380